CLIMBING TOUR TO PICHU PICHU MOUNTAIN $195 USD Per Person
Climbing An Extinct Volcano In 2 Days
DAY 1: AREQUIPA - CHIGUATA VALLEY - FIRST BASE CAMP
At 7am Leave from Arequipa in our private four wheel drive, driving up to 4000m to the Salinas Salt Lake located on the back side of Pichu Pichu Mountain. On the way you will see a small colonial town called Chiguata, pre-Inca terraces, a large green valley, Llamas, Alpacas, Vicuñas, Deer, Eagles, Condors (some days) Guayatas, Flamingos, etc.
At 11am arrive to the Salt Lake with a short trek around this beautiful site looking for Flamingos and then we go to the base of Pichu Pichu, to set-up base camp (4400 meters above sea level) in a sandy area surrounded by highland grass.
DAY 2: BASE CAMP - SUMMIT OF PICHU PICHU - AREQUIPA
At 4am early breakfast and attack the top of Pichu Pichu Mountain, this climb is easy, because we don't need climbing equipment and also this mountain is not too steep on the way to the top.
After 4 hours of climbing arrive to the summit of Pichu Pichu Mountain (5640m), spending time resting and getting photos of the nice views of others mountains surround the Salinas Salt Lake. The way down is easy and fast to our base camp.
At 1pm meet our private 4WD and come back to Arequipa, at 3pm arrive to your hotel in Arequipa and end our trip.
CLIMBING TOUR TO PICHU PICHU MOUNTAIN INCLUDES
- Expert Mountain English-Speaking Guide
- Porter to help you to carry the camping gear, camping gear and Meals (Private Service) - One porter every 2 participants
- Public bus (Backpacker Service only)
- Private 4WD (Private Service only)
- Camping Equipment (Tent and Mattress)
- Climbing gear (Crampons, ice axe and rope)
- Meals on the Mountain
- Dining tent
- Oxygen and first aid kit (Private Service only)
- Communication system
|TOUR SCHEDULE & COST 2012
|CLIMBING TOUR TO PICHU PICHU MOUNTAIN $165 USD Per Person
Climbing An Extinct Volcano In 2 Days
|Backpacker Service (public bus)
1 to more paticipants $195 USD each one
Private Service (Private 4x4/guide)
2 participants $285 USD each one
3-4 participants $235 USD each one
5 to more participants $205 USD each one
|Discount: $5 USD of discount for South American Explorers Club Members
Discount 3%: Tour Operators or Travel Agencies Only
Students: $5 USD of discount only with valid green ISIC card
|Organized Groups: We offer private service and any time/day according request
|Group size: Small groups for more personal tour - We need minimum two participants to develop this tour.
|BOOK HERE: We higly recommend to book this ATV tour in advance, before you arrive to Peru.- Take private service, is the best way to enjoy this ATV tour.
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholics drinks
- Sleeping bag -15ºC, can be hired in our local office of Arequipa for $5 USD per day
- Breakfast on the first day/lunch on the last day
- Flash light or headlamp
- Personal winter clothes as windproof jacket, pant, climbing boots, gloves, etc.
- Tipping for guide and camp staff
December to March. Some days blue sky with good conditions to climb.
BEST TIME FOR CLIMB
April to November, on the rain season same days are with good weather (blue sky) permiting to climb this volcano. before to book your tour please see the weather report.
ADVICE FOR CLIMBERS
To have good acclimatization, good physical conditions and good quality winter clothes. One day before all the climbers will have meeting with the mountain guide at our office or in the hotel, who will give a BRIEFING about this climb and also you can check the quality of the climb gear will be used on the mountain.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Backpack 70Lt minimum
- Sleeping bag -15ºC (can be hired from our office for $5.00 USD per day, in Arequipa)
- Windproof jacket
- Strong comfortable and waterproof boots
- One complete change of clothing
- Sweater and thermal pants (something warm)
- 4Lt of water per person, minimum
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Your personal first aid kit
- Walking sticks or poles.
will cost $75 USD per day, to carry your personal items. You will need to carry with you a daypack with your Camera, bottle of water, snacks, a fleece or something warm and a poncho in case of rain (unlikely in Dry season but as a precaution) and anything you will need before lunch as porters do not walk alongside you. Your bag will be waiting for you in your tent at campsites.
Please note there are fines if you give an excess of 18 kgs so try to underpack rather than overpack. You can hire a porter in our office of Arequipa to carry your pack over the base camp.
For more information about the tour or you request a new date to departure for this tour, please contact us....
Some of our clients e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.