BIKING AND TREKKING TOUR IN THE COLCA CANYON $485 USD Per Person
The Best Unforgettable Adventure On Wheels 4 Days - 3 Nights
DAY 1: AREQUIPA - PAMPAS CAÑAHUAS - CHIVAY - COLCA CANYON
At 7am we pick you up from your hotel and 4 hours by our own 4WD, this travel is between the Misti and Chachani volcanoes up to 4850m where will see Llamas, Alpacas, Andean birds also will appreciate the Vicuñas, this animals living are protected by the national reserve of Aguada Blanca and Salinas. We'd have a nice blue sky while doing our downhill MT. bike trip, beginning at the highest pass on this trip, named Patapampa (4850m) from here is possible to observe the volcanoes chain and mountain range in the South of Peru, to rice our bicycles on a nice asphalt or taking sigle track on the ancestrail Inca trail, descending 1200m to Chivay town (3600m).
In Chivay we will have lunch and at 1:00 pm. continue biking on dirt road on the left bank of the Colca river, crossing between old pre Inca terraces and small villages and visiting colony churches. Finally we will arrive at Maca village (3350m); after 4-5 hours here we will spend the night in a nice accommodation with hot shower and private bath (L - D).
DAY 2: COLCA CANYON - CRUZ DEL CONDOR LOOKOUT - CABANACONDE - SORO VALLEY - LLAHUAR HOT SPRING
At 6am after packing everything, have our energetic breakfast and continue traveling 2 hours and 40 minutes on our own private 4x4 vehicle, continue on the left bank we will arrive at 8:00 am to the popular Condor Cross, and stop for about 2 hours to be able to see the condors flights, getting pictures of the small villages in the deepest part of the deepest second canyon in the world. At 1am we will bike down till Cabanaconde (3280m) this short trip biking take one hour and half. In Cabanaconde we will have lunch and short recognition of this Andean town surrounded by green terraces dated from Inca time.
At 1pm continue downhill biking on serpentine dirt abandoned road, this downhill offer spectacular view of the both side of the deepest part of the Colca canyon. After 2 hours we finish downhill at valley of Soro (1950m) across the suspension bride you will be on the right bank of the river. Trekking along the river through cactus forest till Llahuar lodge where will find nice hot spring next of the river.
After enjoin the thermal bath will have delicious dinner accompanied by deed starry sky. Stay in charm bamboo cabins (B - L - D).
DAY 3: LLAHUAR HOT SPRING - PACLLIA - SAN GALLE (As known as Oasis)
Today we will up at 6am and then enjoin a delicious country breakfast witch the best sun rising over the Colca and Llatica River. At 7am trekking across the Llatica River and uphill through mountainous landscape and following single track between the cactus forest and wildlife.
After 5 hours trekking we will be at the Oasis where are nice swim pool (cold water) next to the bamboo cabins. Lunch in the middle of nature and peaceful valley located between two huge balls combined witch different colorful landslide.
At 4pm trekking uphill on the left bank, this climb will take 3 hours by thousands of steps along the way. This climb will be the hardest and strenuous trek on this trip. Finally you will get the top of the climb and you feel how dig and deep is the Cabanas world. We walk to Cabanaconde to have hot shower, delicious dinner and stay in a comfortable rooms (B - L).
DAY 4: CABANACONDE - CRUZ DEL CONDOR LOOKOUT - CHIVAY - AREQUIPA
At 7am have breakfast and begin 2 hours of nice trekking on the left rim of Colca Canyon, to the Condor's Cross lookout, viewing many smalls towns all around the Colca Valley, located in the high part of the canyon. At the Condor's Cross lookout we can appreciate the best fly of the highest Andean bird. Continue our journey through the Colca valley, and mountainous range. After 2 hours of travel we will arrive to Chivay to have lunch. Optional visit to the hot springs of Chivay (3600m).
At 1pm travel back to Arequipa, this travel takes 4 hours passing the highest pass of this trip (Patapampa 4850m), from you can see the magnificent of the active volcanoes and highest mountain of the south of Peru. Pampas Cañahuas is the home of the Vicuñas, considerate protected wild animal, living at high altitudes like 4000m. Continue driving down arrive to Arequipa and complete our trip.
BIKING AND TREKKING TOUR INCLUDES
- Private 4x4 supporting vehicle (Private Service only)
- Public bus ticket from Colca canyon to Arequipa (Backpacker service only)
- English-speaking mountaing bike tour guide
- GT - TREK - BIANCHI MT bikes in maintenace (full disc brakes)
- Windproof and full-finger glove which can also be worn during the cold season or high altitudes
- Helmet; light ventilated and comfortable for your head
- 3 breakfasts - 4 lunches - 3 dinners
- Plenty of snack and drinking water keep in cooler
- 2 nights in basic comfortable hotel
- 1 night in bamboo room
- Entrance fee to the National Park - Colca Canyon (some tour operators don't include this ticket)
- Tourist ticket of 70 soles or $30 US Dollars per person (Obligatory). This is the unique entrance to the Colca national park even if you don't stop at "Mirador Cruz Del Condor" (take care not many tour operators don't includes this tourist ticket), the entrance is valid to visit all the canyon but not valid for hot springs along the canyon
- Repair kits and new parts
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our cam staff
- Food and accommodation for our camp staff
See our Mountain Bike Components... CLICK HERE
|TOUR SCHEDULE & COST 2012
(even the rain season)
|BIKING AND TREKKING TOUR IN THE COLCA CANYON $485 USD per person
The Best Unforgetable Adventure On Wheels 4 Days - 3 Nights
|Backpacker Service (Public bus)
1 to more participants $485 USD each one
Private Service (Private 4WD)
2 participants $675 USD each one
3-4 participants $625 USD each one
5 to more participants $588 USD each one
|Discount: $5 USD for South American Explorers Club Members
Discount 10%: Tour Operators or Travel Agencies Only
Students: $5 USD of discount only with valid green ISIC card
|Organized Groups: We offer private and any time departure
|Group size: 5 participants per each 4x4 truck
|BOOKING: We highly recommended to book space prior you arrive to Peru
All prices stated above are subject to change.
Exchange rate US$1 = S/. 3.02 (rate may vary daily).
Private Service, include supporting vehicle and the itinerary could be flexible according your request.
- Alcoholic drinks
- Breakfast or lunch
- Hotel in Arequipa
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Sun glasses
- Cycling shoes
- Camel bag, can be hired in our local office in Arequipa $3 USD per day
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Small backpack
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Arequipa)
- Tennis shoes
- One complete change of clothing
- Camel bag for water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (for the hot springs in the Colca canyon)
- Extra money (soles)
For more information about the tour or you request a new date to departure for this tour, please contact us....
Some of our clients e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mail email@example.com
on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.