BIKE TOUR TO MAJES CANYON AND TORO MUERTO PETROGLYPHS $168 USD Per Person
Downhill & Cross Country Ride Style Along Majes Valley 2 Days - 1Night
DAY 1: AREQUIPA - MAJES CANYON - CORIRE - APLAO - CHUQUIBAMBA VALLEY
At 12pm pick up from your hotel and transfer to Chuquibamaba, 5 hours of journey through north of desierto de Ataca, Vitor valley, Majes valley/canyon, Corire, Aplao.
During the trip we will enjoy the geological faults, canyon, rarely rock formations and finally arrival to Chuquibamba (3000m). Stay in a basic but charm hostel at this typical farm village.
DAY 2: CHUQUIBAMBA VALLEY - APLAO - CORIRE - TORO MUERTO PETROGLYPHS - AREQUIPA
At 7am is the breakfast and you will be given an explanation of the flora and fauna of this area, a safety orientation regarding the gears and brakes of our bikes, the protective gear, and a description of the route. Everybody have the helmet, glove testing the bikes and beginning the downhill Mt biking by asphalt serpentine route on the mountains, the bikers ride between 35 - 50 kPH. The spectacular views of the Andes, on this trip we will ride the mountain bike in the small canyons, over the mountains, feeling different temperatures rom the Andes to the cost. The asphalt route is for people who want to go as fastest as possible, but there are many single tracks cutting the serpentine, that’s are for experienced and adventurous people who want to feel the adrenaline breaking hard, jumping and hitting the rocks on the dirt tracks.
At 12pm. After the 4 hours riding, 2400m descending on the bike and 86km distance we will be in Corire (600m) on the way down will pass many small dry canyons, agriculture fields, spectacular view of the Majes River, and the largest green Majes valley.
Stop at Corire town to have lunch and then transfer to visit the petroglyphs of Toro Muerto, located in the desert walls of this canyon. We will have 2 hours to locate more than a hundred of carved masses of volcanic rock with human, animals and plant figures, that were work by the old civilizations of Peru over 1200 years ago.
At 5pm back to the hotel in Arequipa.
BIKE TOUR TO MAJES CANYON AND TORO MUERTO PETROGLYPHS INCLUDES
- Private supporting transport (Private Service only)
- Public bus (Backpacker Service only)
- English-speaking MT bike guide
- GT - TREK - BIANCHI MT bikes in maintenace (full disc brakes)
- Windproof gloves and full-finger glove which can also be worn during the cold season or high altitudes
- Helmet; light ventilated and comfortable for your head
- Basic lodging (Backpacker Service only)
- Camping (Private Service only)
- Camping gear - tents, mattresses (Private Service only)
- Entrance to Toro Muerto petroglyphs
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Snacks and plenty of drinking water (Private Service only)
- Repair kits/Parts
- Oxygen and first aid kit
See our Mountain Bike Components... CLICK HERE
|TOUR SCHEDULE & COST 2012
||BIKE TOUR TO MAJES CANYON AND TORO MUERTO PETROGLYPHS $168 USD Per Person
Downhill & Cross Country Ride Style Along Majes Valley 2 Days - 1 Night
|Backpacker Service (Public Bus)
1 to more paticipants $168 USD each
Private Service (Private van & guide)
2 participants $273 USD each
3-4 participants $243 USD each
5 to more participants $191 USD each
|Discount 5%: of discount for South American Explorers Club Members
Discount 3%: Tour Operators or Travel Agencies Only
Students: $5 USD of discount only with valid green ISIC card
|We need minimum 2 participants to develop this trip
|Group size: 6 participants per guide
|BOOK HERE: We highly recommended to book space prior your arrival to Arequipa
All prices stated above are subject to change.
Exchange rate $1 USD = S/. 3.02 (rate may vary daily).
- Alcoholic drinks
- Breakfast or lunch
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Sun glasses
- Sleeping bag
- Cycling shoes
- Camel bag, can be hired in our local office in Arequipa $3 USD per day
December to March. Some days are with blue sky permiting to cycle this zone.
BEST TIME FOR CYCLE
After rain season (April to June) the mountains are completely covered with snow and the slops are cover with new vegetation making more nice for pictures.
ADVICE FOR BIKERS
Normal physical conditions and summer clothes, bikers require good acclimatization over 2500m. One day before all the bikers will have meeting with the mountain bike guide at our office or in the hotel, who will give a BRIEFING about this bike trip and also you can check the quality of bikes and gear will be used on this trip.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY?
- Small backpack (45lt)
- Rain jacket or poncho, plastic ponchos can be purchased in Arequipa (just in the rain season Dec - April)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- Sleeping bag (-10ºC can be hired in our local office of Arequipa)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Bottle of water, in the colca canyon you can buy driking water in every village
- Sunglass to protect your eyes from sun and wind
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Swimsuit to swimming in the Majer River
For more information about the tour or you request a new date to departure for this tour, please contact us....
Some of our clients e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.