COLCA TREK & CLIMBING TO MISTI VOLCANO $569 USD Per Person
Deep Trekking And Real Volcano Activity 5 Day - 4 Nights
Colca canyon trek and Misti volcano are located in Arequipa region and these different places are considerate the most common places to visit. Day by day receive many tourists from all over the world.
Colca canyon trek and climb to Misti volcano program is dedicated for adventurous travelers who wants to feel more contact with nature and real activity of volcan Misti (Pacha Mama/Mother earth). The Colca canyon trek and climb Misti volcano is designed thinking in people don't have enough time and don't want to lose acclimatization coming back to Arequipa. The program offer the best alternative overnight in Chivay (3600) for better acclimatization you can used and feel sure to reach summit of Misti volcano.
COLCA TREK ITINERARY
DAY 1: AREQUIPA - COLCA CANYON - SAN JUAN DE CHUCCHO VILLAGE
At 6am pick-up at hotel in Arequipa, orientation about our trek and journey of 6 hours to Colca Canyon - Cabanaconde village.
11am brief stop at the Condor Cross - Tapay viewpoint (3600 meters above sea level). Lunch at Cabanaconde (3280m), located in the left rim of the Canyon. Start trekking in the Colca Canyon descending 4 hours to the Colca River (2160m), a difference of 1200 meters. We will cross to the other side of the Canyon and ascend to our family cabins or camping place.
16am arrival to the lodge and short walk to the San Juan de Chuccho village (2300m). Get together with the children and locals from this valley, participation in agricultural and other activities. Campfire, dinner and family lodge.
DAY 2: SAN JUAN DE CHUCHO VILLAGE - COSÑIRHUA VILLAGE - MALATA - SANGALLE /OASIS
At 07am Continental country breakfast and begin long ascent to our next village called Tapay (3000m). Visit Cosñirhua and Malata (2600m) its church of mixed racial ancestry, sights of the local landscape, very old terraces, snow-capped summits, varieties of flora and fauna.
At 1pm Descend again to the Colca River and arrival to Sangalle valley - Oasis (2100m) and accommodation in the cabins or camping, relax at the swimming pool, lunch and exploration to the abandoned mines, waterfalls and fish for trout in the Colca river.
At 6pm Diner and rest in the bamboo rooms.
DAY 3: CABANACONDE - CONDOR CROSS VIEWPOINT - CHIVAY HOT SPRING
At 4am Have breakfast and begin ascent of three hours to the left rim of the Colca Canyon, to Cabanaconde. We walk up 1100m; this is the last hard and steep trail of this excursion.
At 8am Travel by private van or public bus (according your request) for 30 minutes to the Condor's Cross lookout, viewing many small towns all around the Colca Valley, located in the high part of this canyon. At mentioned time transfer to Chivay to have lunch and afternnon is free for personal activities or visit the Hot Springs - Thermal swimming pools in Chivay(3600m).
We recommend to spend the afternoon resting for the next day.
At 7pm visit the Maria Reiche Planetarium, we invite you to immerse in the mysteries of the Colca Valley sky and enjoy the performance "Colca deep Canyon, deep sky". You can learn how the ancient inhabitants of the Andes interpreted the night sky according to their myths and beliefs. The performances include projecting constellations in the Planetarium dome as well as observing the stars of Colca`s sky through a professional telescope. Over night at this town, in a comfortable hotel.
DAY 4: CHIVAY - PATAWASI - PAMPAS CAÑAHUAS RESERVE - AGUADA BLANCA REPRESS - MISTI BASE CAMP 4700M
At 8am will be a energetic breakfast served on the hotel and then transfer by private van or public bus (according your request) to Patawasi (4200m), this travel takes 3 hours to the point where we will meet the second team to climb the Misti volcano (porter, mountain guide and 4x4). From Patawasi will use our 4x4 to the reach the base of Misti, on way we stop in the national reserve of Aguada Blanca and Salinas, where it is possible to observe the wonderful animals called Vicuñas, Guanacos, Eagles, Viscachas, Deer and sometimes Condors. Living at 4000 meters above sea level, they are protected species by the government and all the communities surrounding the reserve and Misti volcano.
After cross the Aguada Blanca dam we will arriving at 4200m in 4x4, and then 4 hours hike on the sandy way up to the base camp, located at 4700m named Monte Blanco. Set up tents and nice view of sunset over mountainous and volcanic range. Hot dinner and spend the night in four season tents.
DAY 5: MISTI BASE CAMP - MISTI SUMMIT - AREQUIPA
At 2 or 4am wake-up time depending on how is the weather and after a hot energetic breakfast we start the climb to the summit. If Misti is completely covered by the snow, we take all our necessary climbing equipment. From the base camp to Misti summit (5825m) takes between 4 - 5 hours doing slow steps and battling with the altitude and following single serpentine track. After reaching the top, there we stay for a nice time getting spectacular views of the landscapes of Chachani, Pichu Pcihu, Coropuna, Ampato, Hualca Hualca, Sabancaya, Misti, Ubinas, Salinas salt lake, Arequipa valley, etc. If the time permiting descend into the mayor crater from where is possible to see volcano activity or have a short walk over the top and around the biggest crater of this volcano.
After the stay at the top of Misti, we go back down one hour approximately to our base camp, packing all the camping equipment and continue going down to our private 4WD.
At 1pm come back to Arequipa and end of our trip.
COLCA CANYON TREK INCLUDES
- English-speaking tour guide
- Round trip public bus tickets or private van, according your request
- All meals according the program (3 breakfasts - 3 lunches - 3 dinners)
- Experienced cook
- Tea time (hot drink, biscuit, pop corn)
- 2 nights into the canyon - we will provide basic bamboo cabins with shared bath and cold shower
- One night in Chivay - Comfortable room with private bath and hot shower
- Tourist ticket of 70 soles or $30 US Dollars per person (Obligatory). This is the unique entrance to the Colca national park even if you don't stop at "Mirador Cruz Del Condor" (take care not many tour operators don't includes this tourist ticket), the entrance is valid to visit all the canyon but not valid for hot springs along the canyon
- Trekking gear such as poles and head lamp (without batteries)
CLIMBING MISTI VOLCANO INCLUDES
- Experienced Mountain English-speaking guide
- Porters to carry the foods and camping gear (tents & mats)
- 1 every two participants to help to carry the items of each participant (Private Service only)
- Private four wheel drive (4x4) from Arequipa up to 4200m
- Camping Equipment (Four season mountain tents and inflate mattresses)
- Dining and cooking tents (Private Service only)
- Cooking gear
- Experienced cook (Private Service only)
- Climbing Equipment such as crampons, ice axe and rope, only if there is snow on the top
- Meals on the Mountain (2 lunches - 1 hot dinner - 1 hot breakfast)
- Plenty of hot drink - Coca tea
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit for all participants and our camp staff
- Communication system, guides climb with their mobile phones
- Tents and food for our camp staff
- Headlamp - Wind proof gloves - Wool hat - Walking sticks or poles
SEE THE OUR CAMPING GEAR, Click here...
|TOUR SCHEDULE & COST 2014
|Daily departure between April to December
(Not rain season January to March)
|COLCA TREK & CLIMBING TO MISTI VOLCANO $569 USD Per Person
Deep Trekking And Real Volcano Activity
|Backpacker Service (public bus/join group)
1 to more paticipants $569 USD each one
Private Service (private van/guide)
2 participants $792 USD each one
3-4 paticipants $668 USD each one
5 to more participants $593 USD each one
|Discount: $5 USD of discount for South American Explorers Club Members
Discount 3%: Tour Operators or Travel Agencies Only
Students: $5 USD of discount only with valid green ISIC card
|Organized Groups: We offer private and any time departure
|Group size:for Colca canyon up to 8 participants per guide - For Misti volcano only 4 particpants per mountain guide
Colca canyon trek 8 participants per experienced trek guide
Climb Misti volcano 4 participants per experienced mountain guide
| BOOK HERE: We highly recommended to book this trek prior you arrive to Peru
All prices stated above are subject to change.
Exchange rate $1 USD = S/. 3.02 (rate may vary daily).
- Travel insurance
- Breakfast on the first day
- Tip and gratuities for guide and camp staff
- $6 USD entrance for hot spring LA CALERA in Chivay (last day)
- Sleeping bag - can be hired for $5 USD per day (-10ºC)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Bottle of water for Colca and Misti
- Wind proof jacket or wind proof pants (can be hired from our office of Arequipa $3 USD per day each thing)
- Water proof climbing boot can be hired from our office of Arequipa $5 USD per day, only on the rain season
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY FOR COLCA CANYON TREK
- Small backpack (45lt)
- Rain jacket or poncho, plastic ponchos can be purchased in Arequipa (just in the rain season Dec - April)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Bottle of water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Head lamp and plenty of batteries
- Swimsuit (you can swim in the hot springs - Chivay)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY FOR MISTI VOLCANO
- Backpack 70Lt minimum
- Sleeping bag -15ºC (can be hired from our office in Arequipa $5 USD per day)
- Windproof jacket
- Strong comfortable and waterproof boots
- One complete change of clothing
- Sweater and thermal pants and every thing you can have to be warm
- 5lt of water per person minimum
- Hat or cap and sun block to be protected from the strong sun
- Wool hat to be protected from the cold
- Toilet paper
- Flashlight and batteries
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Head lamp and plenty of batteries
- Sunglass is strongly recommended to protect your eyes from the snow and sun
- Your personal medications
to carry up to 12Kg and you can hire them for $75 USD per day. Regarding porters who carry personal items. You will need to carry with you a daypack with your Camera, bottle of water, snacks, a fleece or something warm and a poncho in case of rain (unlikely in dry season but as a precaution) and anything you will need before lunch as porters do not walk alongside you. Your bag will be waiting for you in your tent at base camp.
Best to put everything up to 12kgs in one backpack for the porter so that you don´t have 2 large backpacks in your tent. If you like to hire the porter service let know us at booking time.
ADVICE FOR CLIMBERS
To have good acclimatization, good physical conditions and good quality winter clothes. One day before all the climbers will have meeting with the mountain guide at our office or in the hotel she/he will give a BRIEFING about trek / climb and also you can check the quality of the climb gear will be used on the mountain.
For more information about the tour or you request a new date to departure for this tour, please contact us....
Some of our clients e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
on the correct inbox. You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.