HORSEBACK RIDING TOUR TO MARAS & MORAY $295 USD Per Person
Riding Peruvian Horses In The Sacred Valley Of The Incas - Full Day Guided Tour
At 7am pick up from the hotel and transfer the ranch in Urubamba, were we will meet our horses. Saddle the horse and start our ride crossing the Urubamba river for climb 1000m to the high Andes (2 hours), there will see salt platforms of Salinas, a fascinating system used since the Inca times to extract salt from a natural mountain spring. Take it easy because the change of altitude does not only affect the horses. Over 3750m you will be observing Chicon, Veronica and Salkantay snowcapped mountains. Haven a lunch in the typical Andean village of Maras, we continue our ride to Moray Inca complex. There are no great ruins in Moray to impress visitors. Moray is more for the contemplative traveller with an affinity for such phenomena as the Nasca Lines. After 5 or 6 hours of ride we will return to the stable.
If you are located in the sacred valley of the Incas (Ollantaytambo - Urubamba) we will pick up from there too. You just need to tell us the name, address and phone number of the hotel and we will be there to start this horse tour around Maras and Moray.
HORSEBACK RIDING TOUR TO MARAS & MORAY INCLUDES
- Official English-Speaking guide
- Private tourist transportation from Cusco to the ranch or from the sacred valley
- Entrance archaeological parks
- Lunch in the sacred valley
- 5 - 6 hours of ride in the mountains
- Peruvian Paso and Criollos horses and saddles
- Horseman to help you with the horses
- All food for our camp staff
|TOUR SCHEDULE & COST 2012
(Except for the rain season between Dec - March)
|HORSEBACK RIDING TOUR TO MARAS & MORAY $295 USD Per Person
Riding In The Sacred Valley Of The Incas - Full Day Tour
|Backpacker Service (Join a group)
Private Service (Private guide/Van)
2 participants $295 USD each
3-4 participants $225 USD each
5 to more participants $188 USD each
|Discount: $5 USD of discount for South American Explorers Club Members
Discount 3%: Tour Operators or Travel Agencies Only
Students: $5 USD of discount only with valid green ISIC card
|Organized Groups: We offer private and any time departure
|Group size: 6 participants per guide
|BOOK HERE: We highly recommended to book space prior you arrive to Peru
All prices stated above are subject to change.
Exchange rate $1 USD = S/. 3.02 (rate may vary daily).
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
- Day backpack with personal items, can be carried in the saddle bag
- Rain jacket or poncho (December - April)
- Hiking or tennis shoes
- One complete change of clothing (for the rain season)
- Sweater and jacket (something warm for cloud day)
- Drinking water is recommended 3Lt per person
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra money (soles) for tiping or to buy some souvenirs
- Soft or alcoholic and soda drinks
- Hotel in Cusco or in the sacred valley
- Breakfast on the first day
- Tips for guide and camp staff
This site is operated by PERU ADVENTURE TOURS a legally constituted company to the Peruvian government, which operates from offices in Arequipa and Cusco in Peru.
In accordance with the relevant statutory provisions referred in Peru Tourism law, its regulations, its decrees and other legislation applicable in both the country and abroad are issued these general conditions and responsibility as outlined below, which govern the provision of services on the one hand between the passenger or user of services "CLIENT", by other hand the "TRAVEL AGENCY" by the other hand the entities of the service providers such as airlines, hotels, restaurants, transport, guides and other tourism-related services and in connection with this contract.
For more information about full information of terms and conditions CLECK HERE
: You will receive a basic course in riding Paso horses in the safety of our corral (beginners).
We don't hire our horses, sorry :-(
For more information about the tour or you request a new date to departure for this tour, please contact us....
Some of our clients e-mail us saying our confirmation e-mails are placed to their spam folder rather than their inbox. We recommend to modify your JUNK or SPAM FILTER SETTINGS to receive our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
on the correct inbox.You may also want to add this email address to your list of known contacts. This will prevent our responses from being filtered into your Junk or Spam mail folder.